At this time of year, fresh herbs are abundant, even if they don’t come from your own garden. I love chimichurri as a dip for fries, or on top of steak or grilled sweet potato.
Source: Bon Appetit
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and shallots to the red wine vinegar in the bowl of a food processor. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. Add the cilantro, parsley and oregano to the food processor and pulse to combine. Add the olive oil and pulse again until mixture is fully combined.
- Serve with french fries, steak, or if you’re really lucky, both.