This is a perfect big salad for a hot day.
A hancancook original.
- 1 - 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced thin
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 small or one large avocado, diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese, optional
- Preheat a grill on high. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to taste, and marinate in the barbecue sauce. Shuck the corn. Grill the corn, rotating occasionally, until it begins to blacken. Grill the chicken until the internal temperature reaches 165° F. Remove each from the grill and allow to cool.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil and cilantro in a mini food processor (or whisk together in a bowl). Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate.
- Cut the cooled corn off the cob. In a large bowl, combine the corn, green onion, red onion, radishes, tomatoes, avocado and black beans. Dress with 2 tablespoons of the lemon and cilantro vinaigrette. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- When ready to serve, dress the mixed greens in the remaining lemon cilantro vinaigrette. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Top with the avocado mixture and the diced chicken. Garnish with the remaining cilantro and, if desired, shredded cheese. Serves 2-3.